Shatta Wale Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The CAF Awards - Eazygisthub


Dancehall King, Shatta Wale has explained in an interview with Sammy Flex on Zylofon FM’s ‘Showbiz Agenda’ reasons why he did not perform at the just ended aiteo CAF Awards which held in Accra, Ghana.

Shatta Wale was one of the main acts who was advertised to be performing at the award scheme but on the day of the award, the ‘Ayoo’ hitmaker was nowhere to be found. The only Ghanaian acts that performed on the night were Efya and Kidi, although Shatta Wale, Mzvee, Kuami Eugene were all expected to perform.

Speaking to the host of the show, Shatta Wale explained that, he did not perform on the night because he felt disrespected as he was not given a contract although someone rushed to pay him $30,000 just 2 days to the show.

According to Shatta Wale, he was only contacted 2 days to the show that, they wanted him to perform and although he had not charged a fee, the person who was a rep from CAF made a payment of $30,00 but did not hand over a contract. Shatta Wale recounted how things were done when he was billed to perform on the show in 2016, saying that, it took about 3 months for them to arrive at an agreement and everything was processed smoothly and not rushed like it was done this time around.
Shatta Wale told the host that, he felt disrespected as he knew that was not how CAF did their things, and although he didn’t want to take the offer, his manager convinced him to at least go for the rehearsal, as they felt a contract would be made available by that time.

  
“I don’t have a contract with CAF. Nobody had contacted me. Two days to the event, then someone contacted me that CAF is offering $30,000. I have worked with CAF before and I know they don’t do things like that. Some of us should be very careful in this country. We are killing ourselves. I need to be paid well. This is my home. I have taken the money and nobody can take it from me because I didn’t sign any contract with anybody. I don’t know why somebody can just go and collect $30,000, come and give it to me and tell me to go and perform while I’ve not seen my contract,” he said.
“When they (CAF) wanted me in Nigeria last year, they wrote emails two months to the event before we were able to seal a deal. We had a schedule. Here in Ghana, two days to the event, someone will call me and say he has $30,000, rush and come meet my manager. As a smart man, I’ll save the $30,000 first and that’s what I did. I then asked them to go and bring the contract to show who agreed that I take such an amount for a show of that nature. So disrespectful!” he fumed.

LISTEN TO SHATTA WALES AUDIO EXPLAINING THINGS BELOW:
https://youtu.be/nCJdO5tjljY 

Quotes used in this blog post aren from GhBase.com

Shatta Wale Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The CAF Awards - Eazygisthub Shatta Wale Explains Why He Didn't Perform At The CAF Awards - Eazygisthub Reviewed by eazygisthub on January 05, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments

Business

[recent]
Copyright(c) 2018 Eazygisthub.com